Q2 2022 Global Hotel Review Benchmark Report: a Spotlight on Review Distribution Strategy
It’s time for the second installment of the Global Hotel Review Benchmark report, where we focus on Q2. We analyzed over 1.5 million reviews to take a closer look at review distribution and what it means for ratings and guest commentary.
ReviewPro recently expanded its date range from three years to four years. Given how disruptive the pandemic was for travel patterns, hoteliers are relying on 2019 as a benchmark to evaluate 2022 data. The report, therefore, provides comparisons to data from 2021 and 2019.
How Does Q2 2022 Compare to Q2 2019 and Q2 2021?
Some highlighted findings of the report include:
- Although review volume increased by 31.5% from Q2 2021 to Q2 2022, it’s still 33.8% lower than in Q2 2019.
- The Global Review Index ™ has fallen by a full 2.0 points compared to Q2 2019.
- Booking.com and Google generated most of the global review volume, reaching a combined 71.8%.
- Booking.com is fast becoming the dominant review source and noted a global increase of 14.1 points. However, reviews on the OTA tend to be more negative, pulling down overall review scores.
- Out of all departmental indexes, Value and Room show the biggest decrease, with respectively a 2.5 and 1.8 point drop.
- Hotels are increasingly responding to reviews compared to Q2 2021, especially in the Middle East and Africa region.
Download the full Q2 report below, to find out:
- Expert insights: commentary from a range of experts and hoteliers, including Tripadvisor.
- Three-year comparison: we are comparing Q2 2022 with both Q2 2021 and Q2 2019.
- Distribution strategies for hoteliers: a focus on insights and strategies for smart review distribution in 2022.
- Key findings on review volume, review ratings, star segments, review market share, management response, and more.
- Global and regional data sets on Global Review Index metrics (GRI™), review sources market share and volume, semantic analysis and categories affecting reputation, management response, and more.